Today I Discovered
Posted on February 22, 2012
“When the world owns so much of you, from your daring to fit in, at first they pass you ’round, you’re only left holding the sin, but the difference quite simply, that untied these arms, was the helpless artist, cast the final stone…soon, soon these Souls will be born, safe from any, soon, soon these Souls will be born…”
~Chevelle “Prima Donna”
Today I discovered that my daughter can flow through a morning with little cajoling from me. Going from bed to table to bathroom to door with the ease and grace befitting a little sparrow flitting from bough to bough. My dearest Mars you’re the rising sun in this new dawn of me as I see myself reflected in you as you pick out your attire: black shirt with glossy horses, purple leggings, pink velvet skirt, pink socks and silver sparkly shoes. Top the look off with a pony-tail and headband to push forward your golden spiral locks. In short vibrant, sparkly, comfortable in your style and not afraid to wear your headband in the opposite direction as typically intended. I will let you know now that going against the grain has been pretty much my life motto and I’m equal parts darn proud and quite worried as to what you’ll find under the rocks I left unturned…
Today I discovered that there is always enough time in the day to write in my journal, savor a cup of coffee and nosh on California Eggs Benedict (after said daughter was dropped off at school ) all the while easing into my day of informatics.
Today I discovered this poem:
Love’s Philosophy ~By Percy Bysshe Shelley
The fountains mingle with the river
And the rivers with the Ocean,
The winds of Heaven mix for ever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one spirit meet and mingle.
Why not I with thine?
See the mountains kiss high Heaven
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth
And the moonbeams kiss the sea:
What is all this sweet work worth
If thou kiss not me?
Today I discovered the rules of the game of life (Thanks Shanna ;) ) and wondered why it took me getting to age 33 to discover them in a numbered format rather than half hazard realizations in my journal or underlined script in various spiritual books. Only to then realize I fluctuate between remembering and forgetting on a daily basis but, as my friend reminded me, I’m the embodiment of number 12; the embodiment of the answers I seek.
When you were born, you didn’t come with an owner’s manual; these guidelines make life work better.
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called “Life on Planet Earth”. Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. “Failures” are as much a part of the process as “success.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it — then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. If you don’t learn easy lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions, your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.
6. You will know you’ve learned a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
7. “There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” becomes a “here” you will simply obtain another “there” that again looks better than “here.”
8. Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.
9. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life — or someone else will.
10. You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people you attract therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want is to see what you have. There are no victims, only students.
11. There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn’t help. Judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.
12. Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard or read or been told. All you need to do is to look, listen, and trust.
13. You will forget all this.
14. You can remember any time you wish.
(From the book “If Life is a Game, These are the Rules” by Cherie Carter-Scott)
Today I re-discovered Chevelle and found this song, Prima Donna, and its quite brilliant.
Today is almost over, I’m sitting here sipping my tea and listening to the above song, I bid you all goodnight and wonder what tomorrow has in store for us all. May you find blessings in each sunrise and prayers answered with each sunset (and if you live in the PacNW like me…let’s hope we get a glimpse of the sun sometime soon!)